I can't get around this issue, it's strange... I tried patching the Makefile to no avail. In fact, switching to the build dir and running make LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath=/gnu/store/bjzsjkgd0dz9l0liva0axqqifakrrb67-lvm2-2.02.177/lib does not change the RPATH of the resulting library. Am I missing something? NixOS seems to be able to package it without further changes. https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/os-specific/linux/lvm2/default.nix Can someone try to build lxv2 with "--enable-dmeventd" ; Requires '--enable-cmdlib' added to the configure flags? -- Pierre Neidhardt