Jan writes: > I get several merge conflicts when merging wip-jami into core updates. > The wip-jami is based on the current master, rebased a minute ago. > Is there a way to avoid this without pain? A git merge will merge all the commits, some of which are bound to cause conflicts. I will try to resolve those tomorrow. In the mean time, you should be able to "cherry-pick" your patches instead. Something along the lines of: $ git checkout core-updates $ git cherry-pick master..wip-jami Does that work?