On 2020-06-03, Christopher Baines wrote: > Combining that with the substitute server operated by Tobias, which has > a pretty awesome substitute availability of over 90% for recent > revisions, not only is there data from 4 different substitute servers to > use in the comparison, but the proportion of packages where there isn't > sufficient data is pretty low, below 10%. > > I'm currently using the data.guix-patches.cbaines.net instance of the > Guix Data Service, you can see the package substitute availability for > the latest revision using this URL [1], and the package reproducibility > at this URL [2]. > > 1: https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/repository/2/branch/master/latest-processed-revision/package-substitute-availability > 2: https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/repository/2/branch/master/latest-processed-revision/package-reproducibility > > Some caution is needed when interpreting this data. It's most probably > less up to date than what you'd get through running the guix weather or > guix challenge commands, as it takes the Guix Data Service time to query > the data, that querying process isn't very reliable at the moment > either. Additionally, the "matching" percentage could easily go down if > that output is built with a different hash in the future. > > While the number itself maybe isn't the most useful thing, I like that > clicking through to the "Not matching" outputs will show a list of > outputs which didn't build reproducibly, which is something that could > help identify reproducibility issues to investigate and fix. > > I think things are coming together on the substitute server side. The > goal I have in mind for this is for users of Guix to be able to have > greater trust in the substitutes they use, through trusting substitutes > only if it's been built reproducibly on multiple substitute servers. It > would be great to see work start soon on how guix as a client to > substitute servers might be enhanced to check for reproducibility when > fetching substitutes. Really glad to see great progress on this! I've CC'ed the reproducible builds list, as others might be interested to see too! original post: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-06/msg00034.html live well, vagrant