unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Building the core-updates branch.
@ 2021-02-06  8:06 Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2021-02-06  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

The evaluation of the core-updates branch on Cuirass has been broken for
a long time. It now appears to be fixed[1]. This means that around 45k
packages must be built. Each change on this branch can possibly trigger
the same amount of builds.

Even if the core-updates builds have to the lowest priority on the CI,
and the CI is performing a bit better, I'm not sure building this branch
is reasonable for now. I feel like we should first focus on providing
substitutes for the master, guix-modular-master and staging branches
consistently and on all architectures before trying to build
core-updates.

WDYT?

Thanks,

Mathieu