On 2021-12-19, Maxim Cournoyer wrote: > zimoun writes: >> Now core-updates-frozen is merged. Now The Big Change [1 ]is done. Do >> we go for v1.4 or v2.0? > > As I've mentioned previously, I'd go for a 1.4.0 release, since overall > we've refined and improved (greatly!) what we already had rather than > introduced something revolutionary. I'd keep a 2.0.0 for when we have > p2p distributed substitutes, a custom graphical tool and/or integration > with the 'Software' application in GNOME, this kind of big user-facing > changes. But that's just my personal opinion :-). If the majority > feels a 2.0.0 is more suitable, I won't mind. > >> In both case, what is the target for a release date? I propose January >> 31rst. WDYT? > > I'd like to fix #52051 before issuing the first release candidate (RC). > Assuming this can be made before the end of January with the first RC > coming out around New Year, and that the kind of collaboration I've seen > in the last weeks continues at the same intensity, this seems > achievable. Would it be appropriate to fix the ~700 low-hanbging fruit issues that are identified by: guix lint --checkers=description,synopsis It is not the most exciting work technically, but it is relatively easy, and low risk, maybe the worst it does is put a bit more work on translators... Maybe there are also other low hanging fruit guix lint knows about that would not be particularly disruptive? It is not particularly urgent for a release, per se, but I suspect it will just grow and grow without some sort of cycle to address such trivial issues... and doing such cleanup before making a release would aim for a higher standard of craftspersonship. :) I can maybe try to help stir up a coordinated effort, if folks are interested in pursuing this line of thinking! live well, vagrant