unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr>
To: Guix-devel <guix-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Disarchive database includes tar.xz archives
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 19:27:44 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Guix!

The database at https://disarchive.guix.gnu.org now includes metadata
for tar.xz archives, like these:

  https://disarchive.guix.gnu.org/sha256/e831b3a86091496cdba720411f9748de81507798f6130adeaef872d206e1b057
  https://disarchive.guix.gnu.org/sha256/daa7060a56f2804e9b74c8d7e7fe8beed12b43aab2789a38585183fcc17b8a13

Computing these has been possible since Disarchive 0.4.0, which Timothy
released in Dec. 2021 but we had not updated
‘etc/disarchive-manifest.scm’ to disassemble tar.xz archives in addition
to tar.gz.

For the record, the database is computed at
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/disarchive>.  With this change, the
database goes from 123 MiB to 234 MiB (with individual files gzipped).

Note commit eab5366e679c149cf0a5abeb9a196700b171d9da excludes that
Chromium tarball: it takes 1.4 GiB (!) and when running ‘disarchive
disassemble’ on it, we hit the default max-silent time of 1h (and (gnu
ci) doesn’t let us specify a different timeout in this particular case.)
We could work around it by making Disarchive print a progress report,
which would be nice to have anyway.

Ludo’.