zimoun writes: > Hi Chris, > > Thanks! Really cool. > > On sam., 05 nov. 2022 at 12:24, Christopher Baines wrote: > >> - The creation of the patch branches is now handled here (rather than >> through scripts run by Laminar) > > Is it possible to have access to the branch? As discussed with Josselin > at 10 Years Days, we could have in mind the workflow: > > guix time-machine --url=https://qa.guix.gnu.org \ > --branch=58812 \ > -- shell --symlink > > for quickly testing a specific patch without going to manually clone, > apply the patch, then run ./bootstrap, ./configure and last use > ./pre-inst-env. For the Git branches, there's Gitolite+cgit+some other stuff setup here https://git.guix-patches.cbaines.net/git/guix-patches So yes, this command should work (obviously, disabling authentication isn't good): guix time-machine \ --url=https://git.guix-patches.cbaines.net/git/guix-patches \ --branch=issue-58812 --disable-authentication -- shell --symlink Eventually I'd like to move this off of a machine I'm paying for, plus move it on to a .guix domain. Also, even though the channel instance for some branches might have been built by the data.qa.guix.gnu.org Guix Data Service, this isn't done in a way that substitutes are available, so that's not ideal. >> I'm finding this really useful to highlight simple patches which have >> had some testing done automatically. I'd encourage others who are >> interested in merging patches to try looking at the patches showing up >> as green, as hopefully they're in a good state. > > Do you expose the list of these green patches? It could be cool to have > a command line – an option of “guix weather” or a specific CLI – to > collect information of the status. WDYT? I'm using this list here https://qa.guix.gnu.org/patches and just looking at the ones at the top with the green circle by them. An API endpoint could easily be added though if that's useful. >> If there's any which >> aren't (e.g. needs some changes or more discussion), you can mark it as >> moreinfo to push it down the list (there's a link on the right to do >> this). > > Mark it as ’moreinfo’ via Debbugs? Or something else? Yep. I'm currently trying to keep the qa-frontpage relatively stateless, so it's just reading the tags in debbugs. Thanks, Chris