Hello Jonathan, nice to read you! I saw your «L'Union Qiuy Fait La Force» presentation at Ten Years of Guix [1] and I have to admit I still have to "digest" it, because I still do not understand the overall architecture (see below). indieterminacy writes: [...] > FWIW, Ive been working on Gemini and issue trackers in parrallel to > Genenetwork. > > Arun did such a great job with a minimalist setup that I thought it more > proper to create a bigger ladder (given the reach of all the domains > which Tissue provides(. > > I have two main strands: > > Firstly, I have been combining Gemtext's terse syntax with that of the > Emacs-Hyperbole format, Koutliner, as well as the > "recursive-modelling-language" I have been developing Qiuy. > > https://git.sr.ht/~indieterminacy/1q20hqh_oqo_parsing_qiuynonical/ > > As a consequence, it has grown into something different and more > complex. I need to trim this, especially as the results of some sprints > but once I refactor it it shall be a lot more solid. > > Secondly, I have been returning to Gemtext from the perspective of Git > diffs, with the idea to generate RDF perspectives one each revision per > file and then use RDF calls to resolve more complex queries. RDF representations of diffs (commits?) so we can combine this knowledge with others (represented in RDF) AFAIU is great: (open) linked data for knowledge management IMHO RDF is still a little bit underestimated :-D > https://git.sr.ht/~indieterminacy/1q20twt_oq_parsing-commits_txr > > I shall be folding the logic of the first tool into the second > (carefully). I need a bit more time to do this to be fully satisfied. what about gNife? https://git.sr.ht/~indieterminacy/5q50jq_oq_configuring_emacs --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- gNife, an Emacs environment for high throughput issue-tracking and knowledge-management - utilising GemText, Koutliner and Qiuy --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- is it still relevant or do you plan to substitute it with the tools listed above? > There are some other tools floating around my forge (concerning hash > trees for different interpreters and rdf from the perspective of project > management), its mainly in TXR, Gawk and eLisp (though I will be doing > more with respect to Guile for these areas over time). Looking at the Icebreaker project descriptions: 1. https://nlnet.nl/project/Icebreaker/ 2. https://portal.mozz.us/gemini/icebreaker.space I can undertand the design principles of the tools you are developing and I'm really impressed with the completeness of this approach with knowledge management, unfortunately I miss the overall architecture and some important detalils that allows me to completely understand how to use (or try to contribute to, one day) this tools: do you plan to add some more documentation soon? Happy hacking! Gio' > > Kind regards, > > > -- > Jonathan McHugh > indieterminacy@libre.brussels [1] https://10years.guix.gnu.org/video/l-union-qiuy-fait-la-force/ -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures