unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Building core-updates?
@ 2015-10-07 22:25 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-10-07 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hi,

‘core-updates’ provides the long awaited fix for locales, and it’s
essentially ready to merge.

We need to choose whether to revert 42e735d based on the discussion in
<http://bugs.gnu.org/21620>.  Mark?  Andreas?

Either way, we should start building all of the branch.

Ludo’.

* Re: Building core-updates?
@ 2015-10-08  4:54 ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2015-10-08  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> ‘core-updates’ provides the long awaited fix for locales, and it’s
> essentially ready to merge.
>
> We need to choose whether to revert 42e735d based on the discussion in
> <http://bugs.gnu.org/21620>.  Mark?  Andreas?

I think we should leave 42e735d for now, until we understand what's
going on.  We can revert it in the next core-updates cycle if it turns
out to be unneeded.

> Either way, we should start building all of the branch.

Agreed.

     Mark

* Re: Building core-updates?
@ 2015-10-08  7:43   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-10-08  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: Guix-devel

Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> skribis:

> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> ‘core-updates’ provides the long awaited fix for locales, and it’s
>> essentially ready to merge.
>>
>> We need to choose whether to revert 42e735d based on the discussion in
>> <http://bugs.gnu.org/21620>.  Mark?  Andreas?
>
> I think we should leave 42e735d for now, until we understand what's
> going on.  We can revert it in the next core-updates cycle if it turns
> out to be unneeded.

Yeah, makes sense.

>> Either way, we should start building all of the branch.
>
> Agreed.

I’ve enabled it now.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ludo’.

* Re: Building core-updates?
@ 2015-10-08  8:09 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-10-08  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 12:25:39AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> We need to choose whether to revert 42e735d based on the discussion in
> <http://bugs.gnu.org/21620>.  Mark?  Andreas?

Both is fine with me. I still do not quite understand what is happening,
but will reply to this effect on the bug.

Andreas