Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >>> Guix is a functional package manager that can be installed on any >>> GNU/Linux distribution, and offers a declarative operating system >>> interface. Ganeti is an API-driven clustered virtual machine manager >>> with strong consistency guarantees. Together they form a very powerful >>> abstraction for building infrastructure with code. >> >> I think you should write a blog article about the use cases and how this >> fits together, for someone not familiar with Ganeti (like me!) or with >> Guix. > > Oh yes, this sounds like a good idea. I’d love to read more about > this. I am happy to do this, there's just one slight problem: Ganeti is not available in Guix! I have been content with running it on Debian, but promoting that on the Guix blog sounds embarrassing ;-) Packaging would entail making Cabal work with GHC_PACKAGE_PATH. There has been some demand for this on the lists already, I will give it a go. In the mean time, for those who want to try it, here are some decent resources (apart from the Ganeti documentation, which is pretty good): * * I can also offer professional help with deploying Ganeti, Guix, and many other things... Contact if that sounds interesting. > I’m not familiar with Ganeti, but it looks like it would simplify our > complicated VM management setup that cobbles together DRBD, libvirt, > etc. Ganeti is a kind of 'clustered libvirt' that manages networking, DRBD, migration etc. It is an amazing tool, lacking only in online resources. I wish to create a Guix-centric web frontend for it, and ultimately build a native Guix VPS service. But don't hold your breath for this just yet ;-)