Vincent Legoll writes: > I'm all for that, what can I do to help ? Thank you for offering to help! > I don't have a Talos, though... > > So only cross- or emulated- stuff... > > Willing to help, but needs directions. I can probably also set you up with a temporary multi-core VM for testing, too. I'll see if I can set something like that up for you in the next few days. In addition to the ways you can help as Efraim mentioned elsewhere, on my Debian ppc64le system, where I have manually built the wip-ppc64le branch, I have observed a valgrind build failure when attempting to build guix (e.g., when running "make guix-binary.powerpc64le-linux.tar.xz"). I haven't had time to investigate it more deeply, so that's one thing you could look into. However, I have also noticed that after rebasing wip-ppc64le today onto core-updates, there is a new test failure when "make check" runs. The tests/syscalls.scm test fails; it did not fail before the rebase, so something on core-updates must have changed that broke it... You could investigate this, too, if you had a machine. Basically, if you have a machine, you can fetch wip-ppc64le and try to build it (./bootstrap && ./configure --localstatedir=/var && make -j && make check), and report/investigate the errors. Feel free to send bugs to bug-guix@gnu.org mentioning the commit and the reproduction steps, so we can talk in a new bug report about any details. That would be the quite helpful, I think! And yes, as Efraim mentioned, even without hardware, you could try building your favorite packages on x86_64-linux (or whatever system you are currently using) on the wip-ppc64le branch and report when there are problems. We don't want to break anything for the other system types, but you never know what will happen. This sort of testing might uncover problems on core-updates, too, since wip-ppc64le is currently based off of core-updates. Anyway, I'll email you privately about VM access later. -- Chris