Ludovic Courtès (2014-08-16 13:27 +0400) wrote: [...] > Computed strings like impede correct internationalization. The whole > sentences must be kept intact, to make sure people can translate them > correctly. So that means repeating things a bit, but that’s > unavoidable. Ah, indeed, I didn't think about internationalization. >> I tried to avoid the code duplicating, so it became more compact and >> perhaps less readable. Also I added reporting about the packages to >> upgrade: I thought as they are going to be replaced by the packages to >> install, it is ok to add “(removed)” there. So an output should look >> like this (assuming "file-5.17" and "guile-2.0.9" are installed and are >> being upgraded): >> >> The following packages will be upgraded (removed): >> file-5.17 out /gnu/store/... >> guile-2.0.9 out /gnu/store/... >> >> The following packages will be installed: >> file-5.18 out >> guile-2.0.11 out > > Ideally, I would just like to see: > > The following packages will be upgraded: > file-5.17 out /gnu/store/... > guile-2.0.9 out /gnu/store/... > > and not see them listed under “will be installed.” As you wish (although I would prefer to see what is upgraded and what is installed in that manner). > I would just keep the current messages for this patch series, and come > up with an improved message format in a separate patch. > > WDYT? No problem, so here are the patches again (the second one is modified: I forgot to delete one unused line last time). And just in case I'm mentioning an issue with ‘manifest-show-transaction’ again: unlike ‘show-what-to-remove/install’, it doesn't display an output path of a package item, because a store should be used for that. So should something be done with it?