On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 21:48:44 +0100, Catonano wrote: > Anyway, now I have a COMPLETE graph of the dependencies of jquery 3.1.1 > > It's made of > 47311 vertices and > 324569 edges lol... > Anyway, these broken packages pose a challenge to the mission of porting > Jquery into Guix, in my opinion, My greater concern is verifying licenses: that'd have to be considered in the DAG (...I hope it's a DAG; who knows what those node packages might be doing!) to flag potential problems. The JS community is pretty lax on licensing (in both the permissive sense and the I-don't-care sense); the license might not be correct or might be missing entirely. Or might not match what's in the source files. Verifying that many dependencies is going to be a challenge for an automated system; we'd want humans to look at many of them too to make sure things aren't fishy. :x The problem is that one single dependency that's mischaracterized as free---even if it's one of the single-function packages---can destroy an entire project (e.g. jQuery). For some packages, this task is feasible. > The code is here > https://gitlab.com/humanitiesNerd/Culturia Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this. I admit that I don't have the time to read into it much right now, but I'll certainly be following progress on this list. > One last fun fact: while I was watching the output flowing in my terminal, > I saw a package called > > "broccoli-funnel" Ah, they missed a really good logo opportunity! -- Mike Gerwitz Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B 2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05 Old: 2217 5B02 E626 BC98 D7C0 C2E5 F22B B815 8EE3 0EAB https://mikegerwitz.com