unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Patches that should be applied in the Future
@ 2021-10-28 12:59 Jelle Licht
From: Jelle Licht @ 2021-10-28 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello there guix,

All of this is about core-updates-frozen at revision dac8d013bd1.

`c-ares' in gnu/packages/adns.scm has its tests disabled; On my x86_64
machine, it seems the tests for c-ares pass just fine because of the
defined GTEST_FILTER when I re-enable them;

With my limited git-foo, it seems that this particular change comes from
merging signed/master back into c.u.f. in e486b2b674b. To me it seems
that (re-?)introducing the `tests? #f' might have been something silly
done by git-merge.

This is still a pretty good situation to be in; we have working tests
that we simply don't run :). Practically, I wonder what the next step
would be to make sure things go well in the future;

We can't 'fix' c.u.f. this late in the cycle without rebuilding pretty
much everything. In my limited understanding of juggling many branches,
it also seems that merging c.u.f. into master (and later, core-updates)
will have this `tests? #f' being propagated.

What can we do to make sure we won't simply forget to apply this and
other such changes?

- Jelle