On 2022-07-14, zimoun wrote: > Well, dreaming about science fiction, it appears me more approachable to > have Guix running on something as Debian/kfreeBSD – it could be an > interesting project with the help of Debian folks. Other said, “just” > replace the Linux kernel by a variant of the FreeBSD one running with > GNU GLibc. Well, guile-3.0 does not build on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD, so that would be a bit of a blocker for a GNU Guix port: https://buildd.debian.org/guile-3.0 But guile-2.2 built fine: https://buildd.debian.org/guile-2.2 It is a rough port, I have toyed with it now and again ... requires lots of patches to code that assume userland based on running kernel; patches that upstreams are hesitant to take, etc. It is great as a grueling test of coding assumptions, though! My guess is you would have the same sort of problems with porting GNU Guix to any of the *BSD. Definitely the sort of project that would take someone highly motivated over many years... live well, vagrant