Hello Guix, We currently use gnu/packages/patches/guile-relocatable.patch to set the system load path in the bootstrap guile. However, that patch depends on /proc/self/exe which is not present on the Hurd. Therefore, I came up with another approach in the attached patch. After unpacking the bootstrap guile, we use it to create its own wrapper that sets the GUILE_SYSTEM_PATH and GUILE_SYSTEM_COMPILED_PATH environment variables. My only concern is that these variables will be present in the environment in any subprograms launched by the bootstrap guile, and so if the bootstrap guile ever tries to run a different version of guile, those variable settings may cause trouble. Comments and suggestions welcome. Mark