unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Reproducible build IRC meeting tomorrow
@ 2016-09-29 14:58 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-09-29 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello!

There’ll be a reproducible build IRC meeting tomorrow (Sept. 30th; see
below).  I won’t be able to attend, but if anyone else would like to
chime in, it’d be nice.

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 6896 bytes --]

From: Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org>
To: reproducible-builds@lists.alioth.debian.org, rb-general@lists.reproducible-builds.org, diffoscope@lists.reproducible-builds.org
Subject: Re: [rb-general] Scheduling a trial reproducible IRC meeting
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:18:14 +0100

Chris Lamb wrote:

> I'd like to schedule a trial IRC meeting for the Reproducible builds
> project — it's easier to just try it once and discuss the merits and
> drawbacks based on experience, instead of debating them in advance.

I have picked the following time:

   http://time.is/compare/1800_30_Sept_2016_in_UTC

It will be held on the #debian-reproducible channel on irc.oftc.net.

The meeting will start promptly and will last 1 hour maximum.

As previously mentioned, contributors from all projects and interests
are very welcome, this is not intended to be at all exclusive to Debian
folks.

What you need to do
===================

a) Convert that time to your local timezone and add to your diary or
   organiser. Appending "/$location" to the above URL will generally do
   the right thing, for example:

   http://time.is/compare/1800_30_Sept_2016_in_UTC/London

b) If you have any agenda items, please add them here:

   https://pad.riseup.net/p/reproducible-irc-meeting-1

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb

* Re: Reproducible build IRC meeting tomorrow
@ 2016-09-29 20:39 ` Eric Bavier
From: Eric Bavier @ 2016-09-29 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel, Guix-devel

On 2016-09-29 09:58, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Hello!
>
> There’ll be a reproducible build IRC meeting tomorrow (Sept. 30th; see
> below).  I won’t be able to attend, but if anyone else would like to
> chime in, it’d be nice.

Thanks for sharing!  I'll probably drop in.

--
`~Eric

* Re: Reproducible build IRC meeting tomorrow
@ 2016-09-29 21:23 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-09-29 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel

Hi,

thanks for pointing this out. I'll be either present and participating,
or just present and logging to process this for my other project.

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello!
>
> There’ll be a reproducible build IRC meeting tomorrow (Sept. 30th; see
> below).  I won’t be able to attend, but if anyone else would like to
> chime in, it’d be nice.
>
> Ludo’.
>
> From: Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org>
> Subject: Re: [rb-general] Scheduling a trial reproducible IRC meeting
> To: reproducible-builds@lists.alioth.debian.org, rb-general@lists.reproducible-builds.org, diffoscope@lists.reproducible-builds.org
> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:18:14 +0100
>
> Chris Lamb wrote:
>
>> I'd like to schedule a trial IRC meeting for the Reproducible builds
>> project — it's easier to just try it once and discuss the merits and
>> drawbacks based on experience, instead of debating them in advance.
>
> I have picked the following time:
>
>    http://time.is/compare/1800_30_Sept_2016_in_UTC
>
> It will be held on the #debian-reproducible channel on irc.oftc.net.
>
> The meeting will start promptly and will last 1 hour maximum.
>
> As previously mentioned, contributors from all projects and interests
> are very welcome, this is not intended to be at all exclusive to Debian
> folks.
>

> What you need to do
> ===================
>
> a) Convert that time to your local timezone and add to your diary or
>    organiser. Appending "/$location" to the above URL will generally do
>    the right thing, for example:
>
>    http://time.is/compare/1800_30_Sept_2016_in_UTC/London
>
> b) If you have any agenda items, please add them here:
>
>    https://pad.riseup.net/p/reproducible-irc-meeting-1
>

> Regards,
>
> --
>       ,''`.