José Miguel Sánchez García writes: > On 2016-12-07 23:23, Marius Bakke wrote: >> José Miguel Sánchez García writes: >> >>> Let's see if these patches get accepted now! I think I've taken into >>> account >>> every single detail. >>> >>> These patches add three packages: vis, lua and libtermkey. vis depends >>> on lua >>> and libtermkey, so add them before adding vis. >>> >>> vis is being added in a new file, gnu/text-editors.scm , as requested >>> here >>> >> >> Thanks for these patches! >> >> I've committed the first two packages with some minor edits: >> >> * Indentation ran through emacs (e.g. M-x indent-region). We follow >> emacs indentation rules religiously. :-) >> * Updated commit messages to match the GNU changelog style. >> * libtermkey and lua-lpeg actually had tests. 'gnu-build-system' runs >> "make check" by default, whereas they expected "make test". This can >> be overridden with the #:test-target argument. >> * Avoided hard coding the lua version in lpeg install path. >> >> 'vis' was a little more tricky. On startup it could not find the >> "visrc" >> file, which you probably had in ~/.config or similar. I solved that by >> adding a "native-search-path" for VIS_PATH so Guix sets up this >> variable >> when installed (this seems to be an undocumented feature of Guix :-)). >> >> In a perfect world, the same trick could be used for LUA_PATH and >> LUA_CPATH to discover the optional "lpeg" module, but they don't seem >> to >> behave like normal PATH specifications and requires a pattern match, >> which in turn appears to get ignored by guix' >> search-path-specification. >> >> Instead I wrapped the binary with the lpeg paths. This also seems to >> have fixed the problem finding themes. Can you try the attached patch >> and see if that works for you, especially if you have a custom config? > I'm in a VM, so my home directory is pretty much empty, but you're > right: weeks > back when I was trying to get it working on my machine I created an > empty > config file, so I forgot about it when I submitted the patches. > > I tested it, and it works fine. I'll take a look at the modifications > you did > to learn more about what to do for future patches. > > Finally, thanks for finally accepting these packages. I worked really > hard to > prepare them (I didn't know any Scheme before starting!), but the > community has > proven to be very helpful :D. Thanks for checking (it seems you forgot to CC the list) :-) I tested it with a custom config just now, but it seems to load the one from VIS_PATH before checking ~/.config. I'm not sure how to fix that without breaking the lexer integration, so I've committed it as-is. Would be nice to have a fix for that though ;-) Thanks again for contributing!