Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Oof. The updatedb hack above takes 6 seconds on my i7-6500U CPU @ > 2.50GHz with SSD. > > I’m not suggesting to use updatedb, but I think it can be instructive to > look at how the file database is implemented there. We don’t have to > use SQlite if it is much slower and heavier than a custom inverted > index. Good call, I'll benchmark against an inverted index. Some cost may also be induced by the Guix store queries, not sure if we can optimize these. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/