via, Ryan Prior via Guix-patches via 写道: > git send-email --to=guix-patches@gnu.org --suppress-cc=self > 0001-gnu-esbuild-Update-to-0.8.29.patch I (and many others) use git send-email, so it can't be directly to blame. I've never used it with an explicit patch file like that, though, only ‘-’, but that should change little. You shouldn't bother too much with Mailgun & the like, this has nothing to do with Protonmail. > So I have to imagine that either Protonmail or your email server > are changing the email address. Looks like us. It's by design. Mailing lists *have to* change email addresses now. If gnu.org sent out mail to mi^Whundreds of Guix users claiming to be directly from you: From: Ryan Prior it would amount to a poor forgery in this age of DMARC & DKIM. We'd be spamholed into oblivion by every recipient who doesn't go through extra (manual/heuristic) trouble to whitelist known MLs. And rightly so. So instead we munge the From header[0], with a note to make receivers aware of that fact: From: Ryan Prior via Guix-patches via Resent-From: Ryan Prior But this happens to every mail we resend, not only yours: From: Leo Famulari Resent-From: Leo Famulari I can't say what went wrong, only that I routinely apply patches from Guix MLs through mu4e and ‘git am’ without trouble. I think. The last ~dozen patches signed off by me seem fine, at least. Leo, does this happen to any guix-patch@ or just Ryan's? > I don't know if it's possible with the commit-signing system you > have in place to rewrite Guix repo history, or whether it would > be worth it, No and no. Sorry. We also can't use .mailmap to rewrite the user-facing address. We'd be mapping all of guix-patches@gnu.org to you. I can't think of a way to fix the past. It's unfortunate, but we'll live. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: We (Mailman?) get this part wrong, however: ‘Fu Barian via ’ looks cute, but it abuses the format & clutters address books everywhere with the bogus name ‘Fu Barian via’.