Ludovic Courtès writes: > Luis Felipe skribis: > >> But I wonder if it is possible now to make the packages part use any of the Postgres databases that already exist and allow traditional search without JavaScript... > > Former Outreachy intern Danjela Lura, together with Chris Baines, had > started developing a JS-free package browsing interface: > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-07/msg00050.html > > Chris, could you tell us what the status is and what’s missing before we > can use it on the web site? I think it's unchanged for a while now, I've attached what's probably the latest source code (there's not much to it). I think the remaining work is to settle on a direction in terms of the design and how to integrate it in to the website, and then deploy something for real. Personally, I'm in favour of a packages.guix.gnu.org domain which hosts the search page plus the package pages, and stopping generating package pages with haunt. I don't really have the time to try and move this forward myself, but I can try and support others.