Efraim Flashner writes: > I haven't checked to see if my custom kernel works yet on my laptop, but > compile time was 43 minutes on my kids' computer. Stock > linux-libre@5.0.5 took 267 minutes. > > My custom kernel came in at 34MB, the stock kernel is 251MB. Great success! :) My attempts on my Xiaomi Air 13: - Stock build time: ~50 minutes. - Custom kernel, starting from nothing: 5-10 minutes. It works, but the mousepad and the sound are missing. I can't figure which component is missing. Does anyone know if there is any reliable way to know the kernel config I need for that? - Custom kernel, starting from Linux-libre and removing components: 40 minutes. It works, but I don't understand why it's still so long to build. I've removed almost all devices I didn't need from the "device section", but this is clearly not the bottleneck. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/