Katherine Cox-Buday skribis: > Ricardo Wurmus writes: > >> Pierre Neidhardt writes: >> >>> Some .asd definitions have dependencies (declared with >>> :system-depends-on). >>> A common dependency is prove-asdf. >>> >>> If we read all .asd then we must drag all ASDF dependencies. This can be a >>> burden, say, for a test system that is not supported in Guix at the moment. >>> >>> My intuition is that parsing all ASD files is a good default behaviour >>> but we should allow to override it with the asd-files keyword. >> >> Sounds good to me. When asd-files is provided we respect it, otherwise >> we’ll try to use them all. > > +1 to allowing overrides for =asd-files=. If nothing else, packages need > to be flexible! > > In addition to what Pierre is pointing out, the only issue I can think > of with reading in all asd files is perhaps source trees which vendor > packages. I don't think this is common in Common Lisp source trees, so > maybe that's something we can deal with if it comes up. Indeed there are a few packages that fail to build as-is when reading all the asd files (example asd file somewhere in the directory tree or things like that); 'asd-files' is useful in those case. I pushed the code for the new behavior to the wip-lisp branch (commit 952fafb2a3c7a0978cc6a96268ad0632558b212d and following).