Another option is plzip (parallel Lzip, an official part of Lzip). > decompression of ungoogled-chromium from the LAN completes in 2.4s for > gzip vs. 7.1s for lzip. On a low-end ARMv7 device, also on the LAN, I > get 32s (gzip) vs. 53s (lzip). With four cores, plzip would beat gzip in the first case. With only 2 cores, plzip would beat gzip in the second case. What's left to do to implement plzip support? That's the good news: almost nothing! - On the Lzip binding side, we need to add support for multi pages. It's a bit of work but not that much. - On the Guix side, there is nothing to do. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/