On 2021-05-27, Leo Famulari wrote: > I'm not sure exactly how the situation could be improved. Maybe the > installer and the operating-system declarations that it generates could > instead use one of the "longterm" [1] kernel series? > > I'm not totally comfortable steering users to these longterm kernels > series, since they are more buggy and less featureful than newer kernel > series, but at least they do not change very much. > > What do you think? Would it be too complicated to include both the latest LTS kernel and the most recently packaged kernel in the installer, and default to using the same kernel for the installation? Then, if one kernel didn't work for someone, they could try the install with the other kernel without having to download a separate image. Of course, it bloats the installer having a second kernel on it... and maybe the increased complexity to explain which to choose would be too much... live well, vagrant