Charles skribis: > Hello Guix Developers. > > [...] > > Full Context: > > I am trying to make a guix-provides script that would take some artifact (name of asd-system) as input and give the packages that create those artifacts. > Examples: > > Find by asdf-system > $ guix provides --asdf-system com.inuoe.jzon > sbcl-jzon > ecl-jzon > cl-jzon > > Find by binary. I think it will take significant changes to get this one to work. > $ guix provides as > binutils > > I'm working on the --asdf-system version as a proof of concept because I like > lisp, and it seems doable with minimal changes. The one problem I'm running > into is not having access to the #:asd-systems package argument for packages > with asdf-build-system/source. I agin ask: Would it be possible to leave the > package-arguments (at least the #:asd-systems) in tact for > asdf-build-system/source packages? Hi, I don't think you can rely on the 'asd-systems' argument of a package definitions to have an accurate description of ASDF systems contained in this package. For example, a system "xxx" could depend on "xxx/a" and "xxx/b". The package definition for sbcl-xxx will usually only have "xxx" in 'asd-systems'. The "xxx/a" and "xxx/b" systems will get compiled automatically by ASDF as they are depencencies of the "xxx" system, but they won't appear in the 'asd-systems' list.