Am 02.06.20 um 21:41 schrieb Marius Bakke: > It would be ideal to have an origin method that could extract the > "inner" tarball, i.e. contents.tar.gz for hex.pm and data.tar.gz in the > case of RubyGems. As zimoun mentioned, a good place to start is look at > how other origin methods are implemented such as url-fetch/tarbomb, etc. I started implementing into this direction and would like your advice on the design. I found two options: 1. When implementing some "url-fetch/wrapped" (name tdb), *two* items will be kept in the store: the "outer" and the "inner" tarball. This is since "url-fetch" and siblings use the built-in downloader, which AFAIK always puts the downloaded files into the store. In this case we need to check the hash of the "outer" tarball, as the built-in downloader requires a hash to be passed and to match. But then we can not check the hash of the "outer" tarball. How would this work with substitutes and download-nar? 2. When implementing some "wrapped-fetch" (name tdb), modeled like "git-fetch", there is no easy way for the user to verify the hash, as this is taken from the "inner" tarball. How does this work with substitutes, download-nar and SWH? -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |