jgart writes: > On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:14:10 +0300 Munyoki Kilyungi wrote: >> but do you have all your Emacs configs in Guix? > > I get my emacs plugin dependencies with guix but I write my config in elisp: > > https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/jgart-dots/tree/master/item/dot_emacs > Thanks for this! > Not sure how I feel yet about quoting elisp code in guile code. On first > thought it seems like a nice party trick but not as nice to work with > in the day to day when you just need to get the elisp code to work and > to extend emacs. If I could write guile directly to confgure emacs that > would be simpler, I think. Also, one less level of abstracting if you > need to debug the elisp code quoted in your guile code but maybe there > is a way around that?... > > The above emacs config is bound to change. It's just what I'm using on this > particular thinkpad that I'm writing this email from at the moment. Mind > the funny spacing of the code. That said, I'm hoping to keep my .emacs > to a minimum number of lines for now. Just exploring that for now and > really milking `execute-extended-command` for all it's worth, which I > have bound to space d, btw. > > Emacs packages to note in the above config: > > https://codeberg.org/akib/emacs-corfu-terminal > https://codeberg.org/akib/emacs-corfu-doc-terminal > > ``` > $ guix install emacs-corfu-terminal emacs-corfu-doc-terminal > ``` > > I'm mostly using emacs-no-x (terminal only). > > I'm not using guix-home yet. It fails to build my config on void linux > with some arcane error I haven't had the time to properly debug yet/get > help with ;) > Hmmm... I think this is something I'll eventually do, i.e move to guix-home for all my dot files. It has a nice premise of immutability; and I reckon I could safely migrate away from "use-package." >> Also, how does your python set-up look like in Guix/Emacs? > > I mostly have been using eglot without any configuration. I just run > M-x eglot and use it with python-lsp-server or jedi-language-server. > Is there a way to configure it to use a specific guix-python-path? A possible use-case for me would be to have different python-paths for different projects that use different guix-profiles. I don't want to pollute my global space with python packages ;) > I haven't explored the emacs-jedi package much that I sent an update for in > this thread ;) It's on my TODO list. > :) > If you want to read my favourite guix-home managed config out in the wild > that I've found, I highly recommend unmatched-parens' config: > > https://git.sr.ht/~unmatched-paren/conf > Thanks! I'll have a look at this later. > I appreciate the minimalism and simplicity of the way paren has set up > their dots with guix-home. It's very clear how to copy it and take it > for your own purposes. > \m/\m/ -- Munyoki Kilyungi D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F (hkp://keys.gnupg.net) Free Software Activist Humble GNU Emacs User | Bearer of scheme-y parens