Hi! Magali Lemes writes: > Hey, > I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. I must say I've > never used emacs before, so  > I'll try to get the hang of it. Welcome to the club(of Emacsen users)! You'll get used it to it ;). Here's a good channel that shows you some cool things that you can get done in Emacs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0uTPqBCFIpZxlz_Lv1tk_g. I'd recommend the magit video; it comes in really handy IMHO. > Sharing my progress: I decided to package the > arduino IDE, but it turned out > way harder than I expected, due to its many > dependencies. I ended up not > doing it, but it was a good experience because I > could learn about some > functions in Scheme - chdir, for example -, some > of the phases of > building a package - like unpacking, configuring > and building - and I could > also interact with the community, asking for > help, via IRC, which is a  > very new thing for me. > As for today, I will continue trying to package > something. I'll probably follow  > your previous advice and begin with a R package. > It seems easier, so hopefully > I'll succeed. > > Cheers, > Magali. > > Em seg., 12 de out. de 2020 às 12:06, zimoun < > zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> escreveu: > > Hi, > > On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 at 13:00, Magali Lemes < > magalilemes00@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Guix was fairly easy to install, I used the > shell script to do that. > > Which distribution do you use? > > > I installed emacs using Guix and it worked > as expected. > > Nice! > Personally, I manage the Emacs packages with > Guix via a manifest.scm > file.  And in a separate profile.  My conf > [1] is far from perfect but > if you need inspiration. :-) > > 1: > > > I'll begin by trying to package something. > So, I'll go through the links you sent > > and see how that goes. > > Cool! > Do not hesitate to ask on help-guix or #guix > if you encounter issues > on your path.  And feel free to send your > progress, success or > failure. > > All the best, > simon -- Bonface M. K. (https://www.bonfacemunyoki.com) Chief Emacs Mchochezi / Twitter: @BonfaceKilz GPG key = D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F