unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* How to specify package to be installed from a specific channel
@ 2020-12-18  0:21 Rohit Yadav
From: Rohit Yadav @ 2020-12-18  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I added a new channel (https://github.com/guix-science/guix-science) to
~/.config/guix/channels.scm and did a guix pull. However, when I am trying
to install a package from the new channel I am not able to install it.

guix pull lists the package defined in the additional channel. I am
wondering if there is a way to specify the package from a specific channel
defined in channels.scm. Here is my channels.scm

#+begin_src guile :tangle channels.scm
(cons
  ;; channel: guix-science
  (channel
    (name 'guix-science)
    (url "https://github.com/guix-science/guix-science.git")
    (introduction
      (make-channel-introduction
        "b1fe5aaff3ab48e798a4cce02f0212bc91f423dc"
        (openpgp-fingerprint "CA4F 8CF4 37D7 478F DA05  5FD4 4213 7701 1A37
8446"))))
  %default-channels)
#+end_src

Regards,
Rohit

* Re: How to specify package to be installed from a specific channel
@ 2020-12-18  2:59 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-12-18  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit Yadav, guix-devel

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 at 19:21, Rohit Yadav <rohityadav@utexas.edu> wrote:

> I added a new channel (https://github.com/guix-science/guix-science) to
> ~/.config/guix/channels.scm and did a guix pull. However, when I am trying
> to install a package from the new channel I am not able to install it.

What do you mean by “not able to install it”?

> guix pull lists the package defined in the additional channel. I am

You mean that “guix pull --news” had listed them, right?

> wondering if there is a way to specify the package from a specific
> channel

Do you mean that 2 packages belonging to the 2 channels have the same name?

All the best,
simon