unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: pukkamustard <pukkamustard@posteo.net>
To: Erik <erikl@posteo.net>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org, 47768@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: [bug#47768] ocaml - how can we get more recent version of core-kernel and common ppx'es
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 20:29:04 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Erik,

There has been some work towards updating the OCaml packages in
Guix (see https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47768).

A lot of packages have been updated so that there is a now an
updated ocaml-X package for a previously existing ocaml4.07-X
package. This includes a lot of ppx'es. However not everything has
been updated yet and there are still a few packages missing to be
able to update ocaml-core-kernel. But maybe you could use the
#47768 as a basis and update some packages towards
ocaml-core-kernel?

Help is also required in reviewing the patches. The series has
become quite large and hard to review (42 patches). If you could
try them out that would be great.

-pukkamustard