Christopher Lemmer Webber writes: [...] >> Can I volunteer on this task? There's some work in >> my team done in Racket; and it would be of great >> interest to us to have a working Racket build >> system. I can set apart some time to work on >> this. I'd ask for alot of guidance/ review on this >> though :) > > YES! Please do. Let's talk. You can ping me on IRC also, dustyweb on > freenode. > Thanks! I'm called bonz060 on FreeNode; though nowadays I've grown to be an e-mail person. [...] >> Please do share the notes! I can try to hack >> something up \m/\m/. > > I looked at the email that Dimos sent to me (also the email I had was > apparently not the most recent email that they are using, corrected in > the addressing this time), and they had asked me if they should post it > to the mailing list, so I think that's consent to post it since they > expressed consideration in doing so in our exchange... so I'm attaching > it. > [...] Thanks for the notes. I've skimmed through them and they seem sensible. I'll look at how other build systems are written as a first step, then get my hands wet. Do I open an issue for this---I can't see anything that tracks this even in archived issues--- then send patches there? Or do I send patches off the list and then submit the final drafts(if we get there) on the list later? -- Bonface M. K. Chief Emacs Bazu / Rieng ya software sare Curator: / Twitter: @BonfaceKilz GPG Key: D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F