Christopher Lemmer Webber writes: > Bonface M. K. writes: > >> Christopher Lemmer Webber writes: >> >>> Just a heads up that right now you *can* run Racket-on-Chez, but soon >>> Racket-on-Chez will be the "default"... maybe it's a good idea to see >>> how hard it will be to make a racket-on-chez package variant. >>> >>> I'm interested in looking at that but it'll probably have to be a while >>> before I can do so... if someone does so before me, I'll be interested >>> in beta testing at least. >>> >>> But also leaving this here as a self-reminder so we aren't surprised >>> when it becomes a more important thing to deal with :) >>> >>> >> >> Also, since we are talking about Racket, what >> happened to having a racket build system? > > There's interest in it, and Dimos made interesting progress towards > figuring out some of the key problems... there's been interest beyond > that but sadly it seems like organizing the energy to work on it hasn't > happened for whatever reason yet. > Can I volunteer on this task? There's some work in my team done in Racket; and it would be of great interest to us to have a working Racket build system. I can set apart some time to work on this. I'd ask for alot of guidance/ review on this though :) > I've offered to throw money at the problem if someone's willing to take > it on btw... not much, but some money. I've talked to a couple of > people about that but it stalled in each iteration.... I don't think > it's impossible but I guess it's one of those tasks that for whatever > reason seems difficult to get going on because there are some > complexities around the way Racket builds "collections" that eg don't > seem to show up in Python. Anyway that's not a judgement because > despite wanting it fairly badly clearly I haven't made progress on it. > > I have the notes that Dimos wrote up not long ago in case anyone is > interested. Dimos, do you mind if I post them to the list? > Please do share the notes! I can try to hack something up \m/\m/. > - Chris -- Bonface M. K. Chief Emacs Mchochezi / Rieng ya software sare Curator of / Twitter: @BonfaceKilz GPG Key: D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F