Hi, On Thursday, January 20th, 2022 at 5:15 PM, Luis Felipe wrote: > Hi, > > Trying to do a quick check of the accessibility of Guix's website, I found that Orca doesn't work well (using Guix System 037c2b6 with GNOME 40.4). > > One important thing that doesn't work is reading web content on any browser (epiphany, icecat, chromium), so could you check if you can reproduce? If you can, I'll report the issue to the tracker then. > > STEPS > > These steps assume you are logged into a GNOME desktop session. > > 1. Press Super+Alt+S (after a couple of seconds, you should hear a robotic voice say "Screen reader activated", or something like that in your session language) > 2. Start Icecat (or any other browser) > 3. Go to https://guix.gnu.org/ (wait for the page to load completely) > 4. Press the tab key to navigate through the links of the page > > EXPECTED RESULT > > This is what I expect from my experience with Orca on Debian 11. > > In step 2, you should hear the voice indicating that a window was launched. > > In step 3: > > - when typing the address, you should hear the voice read out loud every key you type. > - when you hit Enter and the page loads, you should hear the voice reading the title of the page, and give you some information about its structure and navigation. > > In step 4, you should hear the voice read the text of the focused link. I upgraded the system and user profile today to guix 579e9e9. Now, with GNOME 41, Orca works as expected. Even the modifier key, so one can start the configuration with Insert+Space without problems.