pinoaffe schreef op zo 19-09-2021 om 15:01 [+0200]: > Hi guix, > > Recently, I made an effort to get the guix-npm binary importer working > in combination with a relatively "modern" guix - my changes are rather > hacky and I think I may have broken a thing or two, but i got it to work > reasonably well in the REPL. > (many thanks to Jelle Licht and possibly others who initially wrote the importer) > > Considering that such a binary importer is probably not well-suited for > inclusion in guix-proper, I would like to make it available through an > additional channel, mostly for my own use but maybe also for others. > > However, the commandline interface for ~guix import~ operates based on a > list of importers in (guix scripts import) in guix proper - is there a > way to replace this functionality so that additional guix channels could > "extend" the list of importers? (guix scripts import) could scan the subdirectories guix/scripts/import of %load-path for importers. See 'importer-modules' and '%updaters' in (guix upstream) for how to do this. Greetings, Maxime.