[...and now CC'ing the list because mail is hard.] Leo, On 05/11/16 19:56, Leo Famulari wrote: > My 2¢ are quoted from the GNU Free System Distribution Guidelines > [0], which Guix does follow: > > [...] they're often worded so as to make it hard to tell what they > do or don't cover, [...] I got the same vibes from the answers in that GitHub thread[0]. I'm easily suspicious. > [...] On the other hand, we also don't object if a distributor > chooses to omit some software in order to avoid patent risk. This is (partly) what prompted me to write to guix-devel in the first place: I wasn't sure if the Guix maintainers have their own opinions on the matter. > But like I said, my opinion on this subject is only worth 2¢ ;) Still more sense than I started with. Thanks! Kind regards, T G-R > [0]: Also see the statement by the maintainer / author Yann Collet: > https://github.com/facebook/zstd/issues/335#issuecomment-245011724