On 22-07-2022 19:12, kiasoc5 wrote: > We could have packages recommend other packages to make this discovery > easier for users, like Arch's opt-depends. This sounds like my previous proposal to me: > Alternatively, packages could have an additional set of inputs > (development-inputs?) for this use case, only added for "guix shell > -D" and "guix environment", though then the build environment and > "guix shell -D the-package" would diverge further. except it has a more precise semantics than Arch's, or did you have something different in mind? Greetings, Maxime.