Agree. Actually, there's more prebuilt binaries in Mono 6 (current version) And it's impossible to remove these binaries (see https://github.com/dotnet/source-build/issues/1930) At 2022-08-13 04:03:43, "Maxim Cournoyer" wrote: >Hi, > >zamfofex writes: > >> It seems the package for Mono in Guix uses a tarball that contains a >> lot of prebuilt DLLs. This doesnĄ¯t seem to have been mentioned when >> the package was introduced. Could it have been a mistake? Some related >> discussion: and also >> > >If nobody volunteers to do the work necessary to get our mono package to >build without prebuilt binaries in the next 2 weeks, I suggest we remove >it from our collection. Only a handful package depend on it, most of >them optionally it seems, and the mono we carry is severely outdated >(2016). > >What do you think? > >Maxim