On Tue, 2021-03-16 at 22:46 +0100, Bengt Richter wrote: > I would feel better about running guix on my laptop if I > knew all you developers had gotten together and elected > a "security czar" who is the most competent of you to monitor > security and also cares the most, and had the power to prevent > applying unreviewed patches, and making sure all CVEs are taken > care of, and kitchen doors not left open the way we did in the '50s. > > Sorry if it sounds like I think guix security is lax. > Please convince me it's not so ;) > > Thanks, nevertheless, for all the great technical work! > > Just wish I could type > guix --what-and-who-am-I-trusting-q --full-report > and get a complete list, with batting averages of the > developers (regressions vs fixes), packages (estimated > number of times executed without problem, dangerous bugs > in development history, etc). > > > I think we can handle this without granting us any special powers, I like it that we don't have roles actually! We can discuss, debate, agree to common goals, I don't think we are going to enter into conflict, we hear each other, we communicate, I think that's a really good thing in GNU Guix :-D Lots of other communities enter into conflict fast and stop communicating, GNU Guix is not that, there's a spirit of goodwill of everyone and that's really pleasing to live as a contributor and user.