On Sunday, January 9th, 2022 at 7:53 PM, Christopher Baines wrote: > Ludovic Courtès ludo@gnu.org writes: > > > Luis Felipe luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com skribis: > > > > > But I wonder if it is possible now to make the packages part use any of the Postgres databases that already exist and allow traditional search without JavaScript... > > > > Former Outreachy intern Danjela Lura, together with Chris Baines, had > > > > started developing a JS-free package browsing interface: > > > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-07/msg00050.html I completely forgot about this :( Thanks for the link. > > Chris, could you tell us what the status is and what’s missing before we > > > > can use it on the web site? > > I think it's unchanged for a while now, I've attached what's probably > > the latest source code (there's not much to it). > > I think the remaining work is to settle on a direction in terms of the > > design and how to integrate it in to the website, and then deploy > > something for real. Personally, I'm in favour of a packages.guix.gnu.org > > domain which hosts the search page plus the package pages, and stopping > > generating package pages with haunt. +1 > I don't really have the time to try and move this forward myself, but I > > can try and support others. I want to help. I'll check the source and start asking questions.