unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Donation links on web site
@ 2015-12-15  8:54 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-12-15  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Felipe!

Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web site,
pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
<https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?

I figure you’d be able to do something nicer than what I could ever come
up with.  ;-)

I think it should be visible (maybe a “donate” stripe at the top of each
page?) but not aggressive.

Let me know what you think!

Ludo’.

* Re: Donation links on web site
@ 2015-12-15  8:59 ` Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2015-12-15  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello Felipe!
>
> Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web site,
> pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
> <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?

Woohoo!

That was super fast!

*donating* :-)

Alex

* Re: Donation links on web site
@ 2015-12-15 18:50 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2015-12-15 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 09:54:47AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Felipe!
>
> Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web site,
> pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
> <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?

Awesome!

Can we get a link on https://www.fsf.org/working-together/fund ?

@ 2015-12-15 21:02   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-12-15 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 09:54:47AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Hello Felipe!
>>
>> Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web site,
>> pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
>> <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?
>
> Awesome!
>
> Can we get a link on https://www.fsf.org/working-together/fund ?

We’re getting there!  This message was not an announcement.  :-)

@ 2015-12-16 14:09 ` Luis Felipe López Acevedo
From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo @ 2015-12-16 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-12-15 03:54, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Hello Felipe!
>
> Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web
> site,
> pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
> <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?
>
> I figure you’d be able to do something nicer than what I could ever
> come
> up with.  ;-)
>
> I think it should be visible (maybe a “donate” stripe at the top of
> each
> page?) but not aggressive.
>
> Let me know what you think!

Oh great! But I can't help with that at the moment. I'll be very busy
for about two-three months.

Sorry,

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/

* Re: Donation links on web site
@ 2015-12-16 16:22     ` Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2015-12-16 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:02:43PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> >> Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web site,
> >> pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
> >> <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?
> >
> > Awesome!
> >
> > Can we get a link on https://www.fsf.org/working-together/fund ?
>
> We’re getting there!  This message was not an announcement.  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

It already works :). I suggest anyone using Guix to donate what he/she
can afford. I put in the equivalent of 3 pub meals - which I skip for
the cause. Let's get some decent hardware in!

Pj.

* Re: Donation links on web site
@ 2015-12-16 22:57   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-12-16 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo; +Cc: guix-devel

Luis Felipe López Acevedo <felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org> skribis:

> On 2015-12-15 03:54, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
>> Hello Felipe!
>>
>> Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web
>> site,
>> pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
>> <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?
>>
>> I figure you’d be able to do something nicer than what I could ever
>> come
>> up with.  ;-)
>>
>> I think it should be visible (maybe a “donate” stripe at the top of
>> each
>> page?) but not aggressive.
>>
>> Let me know what you think!
>
> Oh great! But I can't help with that at the moment. I'll be very busy
> for about two-three months.

Sure, no problem!  Roel Janssen has offered to help on this so we won’t
have to take the risk of me accidentally sabotaging the design.  ;-)

@ 2015-12-16 23:22     ` Luis Felipe López Acevedo
From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo @ 2015-12-16 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-12-16 17:57, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Luis Felipe López Acevedo <felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org> skribis:
>
>> On 2015-12-15 03:54, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
>>> Hello Felipe!
>>>
>>> Would you be available to integrate donation links on the Guix web
>>> site,
>>> pointing to /donate and/or to the brand new (yes!)
>>> <https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=50>?
>>>
>>> I figure you’d be able to do something nicer than what I could ever
>>> come
>>> up with.  ;-)
>>>
>>> I think it should be visible (maybe a “donate” stripe at the top of
>>> each
>>> page?) but not aggressive.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think!
>>
>> Oh great! But I can't help with that at the moment. I'll be very busy
>> for about two-three months.
>
> Sure, no problem!  Roel Janssen has offered to help on this so we won’t
> have to take the risk of me accidentally sabotaging the design.  ;-)
>
> Ludo’.

Excellent! Thanks, Roel :)