zimoun schreef op vr 29-04-2022 om 12:31 [+0200]: > > Stack smashing protection (SSP) may incur measurable run-time > > overhead > > though so enabling that one by default may be less consensual. > > That’s true and it could be an issue for HPC practitioners.  [...] I'm not sure if this wasn't already mentioned, but HPC practicioners can already use --tune. Maybe HPC practicioners can have --without- hardening. However, in the computing I do that needs to be high performance (*), it seems that the expensive computations are matrix multiplications, eigenvector decompositions and the like. I wouldn't expect those kind of things to be hindered by hardening. (*) In my case, this is not about supercomputers or computer clusters, but about having software run fast enough on the hardware that is available. In some situations, that's a fancy supercomputer, but often a simple laptop can do ... if the software is sufficiently optimised. Greetings, Maxime.