On February 13, 2021, Hartmut Goebel wrote: > Am 09.02.21 um 17:16 schrieb Léo Le Bouter: > > Commonly awesome lists are used to share links to all things related > to > > some topic or some software > > I wonder why not just calling it "Link list" then?  [This] would be > much  > easier to understand for non-nerds. Awesome lists are "a thing." A number of people maintain "awesome awesome" lists, which list other pages with "awesome lists." The best known of these "awesome awesomes" is https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome which has over 152,000 stars and 19,900 forks on GitHub and almost a thousand commits. For my fellow recursion enjoyers, there's also an "awesome awesome awesome" list which lists these lists of lists: https://github.com/t3chnoboy/awesome-awesome-awesome So, while saying "link list" is fine and understandable, there are many people who specifically create and seek out "awesome lists" and find it easier to share and discover such lists under the less generic name. Ryan