unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Ryan Prior <ryanprior@hey.com>
To: Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution
	<guix-devel@gnu.org>,
	Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com>
Subject: Re: Discover GNU Guix eco-system with awesome-guix!
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 00:27:02 +0000	[thread overview]

On February 13, 2021, Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com>
wrote:
> Am 09.02.21 um 17:16 schrieb Léo Le Bouter:
> > Commonly awesome lists are used to share links to all things related
> > some topic or some software
>
> I wonder why not just calling it "Link list" then?  [This] would be
> much
> easier to understand for non-nerds.

Awesome lists are "a thing." A number of people maintain "awesome
awesome" lists, which list other pages with "awesome lists." The best
known of these "awesome awesomes" is
https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome which has over 152,000 stars and
19,900 forks on GitHub and almost a thousand commits.

For my fellow recursion enjoyers, there's also an "awesome awesome
awesome" list which lists these lists of lists:
https://github.com/t3chnoboy/awesome-awesome-awesome

So, while saying "link list" is fine and understandable, there are many
people who specifically create and seek out "awesome lists" and find it
easier to share and discover such lists under the less generic name.

Ryan