Ludovic Courtès writes: >> >> Is there text in the GPL3 that says this? I was under the impression >> >> that the "or any later version" clause had to be specified >> >> explicitly. > > > > No it’s the opposite. > > > > Specifically, from Section 14 of GPLv3: > > > > If the Program does not specify a version number of the GNU General > > Public License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free > > Software Foundation. > > > > In Guix we encode this as ‘gpl3+’. > > > > So the rule is: always put ‘+’ unless the source code headers or some > > other prominent file restricts to a specific version of the license. This is very important information for those filing up the licence field. I'm quite sure I did it wrong. Can you please add this to the manual, "Packaging" section. Thanks! -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |