bokr@bokr.com schreef op za 04-06-2022 om 01:55 [+0200]: > I am not expert on kernel link internals, but if > you need/prefer atomic change to a specific link, > does my log [1] below suggest a way? > [...] Only the replacing of an old by a new symlink needs to be atomic, and this is already the case. The only non-atomicity is that if interrupted, an extra symlink [...].new can be created, but except for tidyness this is not really a problem AFAICT. Speaking of atomicity, I wonder if 'fsync'ing the symlink or the directory is required? E.g., is it possible after a power interruption for the contents (= target) of the new symlink to be truncated without doing a 'fsync' before the rename? Greetings, Maxime.