On 14/01/16 22:15, Ben Woodcroft wrote: > On 14/01/16 21:30, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: >> Ben Woodcroft writes: >>> On 14/01/16 20:31, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: >>>> This breaks two of the cran importer tests: >>>> >>>> (test-equal "beautify-description: use double spacing" >>>> "This is a package. It is great. Trust me Mr. Hendrix." >>>> ((@@ (guix import cran) beautify-description) >>>> "This is a package. It is great. Trust me Mr. Hendrix.")) >>>> >>>> (test-equal "beautify-description: transform fragment into sentence" >>>> "This package provides a function to establish world peace" >>>> ((@@ (guix import cran) beautify-description) >>>> "A function to establish world peace")) > I just tested these with "make check" and also by ./pre-inst-env guile > tests/cran.scm, and they seem to pass. Am I doing something incorrectly? > > However, ironically tests/gem fails. Turns out there was an actual bug here - the description was being used for the synopsis to so the synopsis was being inappropriately beautified. >>>> How about moving these tests elsewhere? (Or should they be removed?) >>> Ah, sorry. Should they be moved to a new file tests/import-utils? >>> Why do >>> you suggest that they should be removed? >> I don’t have any preference for a name. “tests/import-utils” sounds >> good to me. If we can keep (and later enhance) the tests it would >> obviously be better. (I just meant that I wouldn’t be too sad if they >> were removed for whatever reasons.) >> >> Would you like to submit a patch to add tests/import-utils (including >> adding it to SCM_TESTS in Makefile.am) and move these two test cases >> there? > Happy to provide a patch fixing the gem test, and moving the > (failing?) cran tests to this new file since even if they pass that is > a more appropriate place for them. It'll be the weekend before I have > time for this though, apologies for leaving master broken. Attached patches, make check now passes. Do they look OK? Possibly I messed up the commit messages. Thanks, ben