unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* wicd porting so far.
@ 2015-01-31 19:21 Omar Radwan
From: Omar Radwan @ 2015-01-31 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

To begin with, I haven't gotten very far.

I'm reading through the manual, and the first thing I figured out what to
do is write the package definition, http://pastebin.com/2q7LCv2i .

I'm not sure what exactly to do with it, it was something about putting it
in the guix build tree. Though I'm not 100% sure what that is.

Another thing that I'm a bit confused about is the base32 string in the
beginning of each store file in /gnu/store*, is it after you build a
package def, you "guix hash" it or is there another process.

And with the service definition for dmd, I think we can worry about that
later, after we've ported guix.

* Re: wicd porting so far.
@ 2015-01-31 19:27 ` Cyril Roelandt
From: Cyril Roelandt @ 2015-01-31 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey,

On 01/31/2015 08:21 PM, Omar Radwan wrote:
> To begin with, I haven't gotten very far.
>
> I'm reading through the manual, and the first thing I figured out what to
> do is write the package definition, http://pastebin.com/2q7LCv2i .
>
> I'm not sure what exactly to do with it, it was something about putting it
> in the guix build tree. Though I'm not 100% sure what that is.

Clone the git repository:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix.git

Then cd guix and copy your recipe in gnu/packages/wicd.scm.

Then make && ./pre-inst-env guix build wicd

There will likely be a bunch of errors that you will have to figure out
how to fix :) Do not hesitate to ask for help either on this
mailing-list or on #guix on Freenode.

Cyril.

* Re: wicd porting so far.
@ 2015-02-01  2:19   ` Omar Radwan
From: Omar Radwan @ 2015-02-01  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyril Roelandt; +Cc: guix-devel

>Then make && ./pre-inst-env guix build wicd

For starters, the make command returns an error
"make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

Though there clearly are 2 makefiles. Makefile.in and Makefile.am

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Cyril Roelandt <tipecaml@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On 01/31/2015 08:21 PM, Omar Radwan wrote:
> > To begin with, I haven't gotten very far.
> >
> > I'm reading through the manual, and the first thing I figured out what to
> > do is write the package definition, http://pastebin.com/2q7LCv2i .
> >
> > I'm not sure what exactly to do with it, it was something about putting
> it
> > in the guix build tree. Though I'm not 100% sure what that is.
> >

> Clone the git repository:
>
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix.git
>
> Then cd guix and copy your recipe in gnu/packages/wicd.scm.
>
> Then make && ./pre-inst-env guix build wicd
>
> There will likely be a bunch of errors that you will have to figure out
> how to fix :) Do not hesitate to ask for help either on this
> mailing-list or on #guix on Freenode.
>

> Cyril.

* Re: wicd porting so far.
@ 2015-02-01  2:58     ` David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2015-02-01  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Radwan, Cyril Roelandt; +Cc: guix-devel

Omar Radwan <toxemicsquire4@gmail.com> writes:

>>Then make && ./pre-inst-env guix build wicd
>
> For starters, the make command returns an error
> "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."
>
> Though there clearly are 2 makefiles. Makefile.in and Makefile.am

You need to run the './bootstrap' script first.  See the 'HACKING' file
for more details about building from git.

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org

* Re: wicd porting so far.
@ 2015-02-01  3:04       ` Omar Radwan
From: Omar Radwan @ 2015-02-01  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Thompson; +Cc: guix-devel

>You need to run the './bootstrap' script first.  See the 'HACKING' file
>for more details about building from git.

after install autoconf as the hacking file suggested, the ./bootstrap now
complains about not having autopoint to run

@ 2015-02-01  3:08         ` David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2015-02-01  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Radwan; +Cc: guix-devel

Omar Radwan <toxemicsquire4@gmail.com> writes:

>>You need to run the './bootstrap' script first.  See the 'HACKING' file
>>for more details about building from git.
>
> after install autoconf as the hacking file suggested, the ./bootstrap now
> complains about not having autopoint to run

You must also install GNU Gettext, also mentioned in the HACKING file.

--

@ 2015-02-01 20:25           ` Omar Radwan
From: Omar Radwan @ 2015-02-01 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Thompson, guix-devel

Ok, so far, I've got the build environment setup, but I realized that I
must have urwid to get an ncurses interface in wicd, so I'm doing that
first. Here is the urwid.scm http://paste.lisp.org/display/14553 before you
point out anything, I plan to put it on the python.scm file, just not right
now because I don't want to get confused or anything. Here is the error
file after I ./configure, make, ./pre-inst-env guix build urwid
http://paste.lisp.org/display/145537 Also notice that I didn't change the
hash, it's the same one as the less.scm hash. I still don't know how to
generate the base32 string. Any help is greatly appreciated.

@ 2015-02-02 14:16             ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2015-02-02 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Radwan, David Thompson, guix-devel

Omar Radwan <toxemicsquire4@gmail.com> writes:

> Ok, so far, I've got the build environment setup, but I realized that I
> must have urwid to get an ncurses interface in wicd, so I'm doing that
> first. Here is the urwid.scm http://paste.lisp.org/display/14553
It's "utils-group".  Wrong URL?
> before you
> point out anything, I plan to put it on the python.scm file, just not right
> now because I don't want to get confused or anything. Here is the error
> file after I ./configure, make, ./pre-inst-env guix build urwid
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/145537 Also notice that I didn't change the
> hash, it's the same one as the less.scm hash. I still don't know how to
> generate the base32 string. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Execute 'guix download http://xxxx/uriwd-1.3.0.tar.gz' should give the
right base32ed sha256 hash, as same as 'guix hash uriwd-1.3.0.tar.gz'.