Hello Guix, I have some small updates and asking for help on freecad (I’m working from my channel github.com/jsoo1/guix-channel). I have been getting a little stuck building the pyside2 dependencies. It seems like freecad is moving from the pyside1 tools (Shiboken and pyside) to pyside2 for the 0.18 release (see https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python). These packages have a custom setup.py that I could use a hand porting to a guix package. As far as I understand, building upside would complete all the required third party packages listed on the freecad wiki: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Third_Party_Libraries. - John > On Jan 14, 2019, at 4:42 AM, Paul Garlick wrote: > > Hi John, > >> I did not know Debian changed their version of opencascade > > There are two versions of OpenCASCADE in Debian, named 'liboce' and > 'libocct'. 'occt' is the upstream variant, 'oce' is the community > maintained variant. Historically, Debian has switched between the two > as licence requirements dictated. > > Currently, both are packaged and FreeCAD version 0.17 depends on > liboce. However, libocct is being more actively maintained and I > believe the intention for Debian FreeCAD version 0.18 is for the > dependency to switch to libocct. > > Best regards, > > Paul. >