Hello Guix, this is a small progress report on wip-emacs. Emacs now gets its core lisp path from the wrapper rather than the search path and there's a new profile hook adding all top-level subdirectories to a subdirs.el, that gets loaded at startup. Emacs' build system has been rewritten to use ELPA-style subdirectories. Packages, that cause build failures in themselves or others by not adhering to this practice, have been adjusted. I have attached a manifest, that builds all packages from emacs-xyz known not to fail on master. If some Emacs-related package is not covered by this manifest, but still breaks, please do report it while those patches still live on wip-emacs, so that they can be fixed in time. There are still some packages, that use the old convention, e.g. emacs- geiser. While those can be fixed as well, it is a low priority. In terms of UX it would also be nice to tackle the issue of coreutils and gzip being required to have core functionality. I'm not sure, whether patching Elisp files is the correct solution here, since Emacs could (via tramp) connect to other machines, where those store paths don't exist and it's not clear (to me) on which machine those commands are executed. Extending PATH in the same wrapper as EMACSLOADPATH seems to be a fairly cheap option, however. Regards, Leo